CHILDREN/JUNIOR CHURCH – CHILD EVANGELISM
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The department is responsible for the spiritual growth of the children aged 0-8 years & Pre-Teens 9-12 in the Church.
- The group shall conduct teaching and worship and prayer meeting for the children.
- To participate actively in all Area, Provincial and National programmes.
- The group shall organize and maintain a friendly environment conducive for teaching and worship for the children.
- The children shall be divided into age groups for easy teaching and effective reach.
- The group shall organize visitation and follow-up strategies/programmes to encourage the children.
- The teachers should ensure that the children improve spiritually, morally and increase numerically.
- Various interesting/educating programmes should be organized for the children spiritual and mental well-being. These shall include Bible Quiz, Painting, Film shows, etc.
- Periodical training should be organized for the departments’ members to enhance their teaching and child-management skills.
- Members should not lose focus of RCCG vision – “To make heaven.” In view of this, regular worship (Bible Study, Prayers and Worship) should be organized to encourage spiritual awareness and growth.
- The Head of Department who is responsible for the running of the Department will report to the Minister in charge who will in turn report to the Pastor-In-Charge of the Parish.
- Members of the department shall operate with high sense of discipline and professionalism.