TEENAGE CHURCH DEPARTMENT
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The department is responsible for the spiritual growth and development of all the teenagers in the Church.
- The group should organize services and other programmes to attract the teenagers and enhance their spiritual growth.
- The group shall equally organize career counseling programmes to guard the teenagers in their choice of career.
- The group should focus to present Heaven-focused, respectful, courteous (well-trained), God-loving, and educational/academic conscious teenagers.
- The group will handle the assignment with every diligence and seriousness it requires.
- A register of all teenagers in the church should be maintained and regular visitation should be organized by the teachers.
- Teenagers that excelled academically should be brought to the church attention for recognition, honour and reward. This will encourage them and spur others to excellence.
- Extra academic classes, spiritual attention and encouragement should be given to teenagers that are academically-challenged.
- Extra-mural classes should be organized and coordinated to assist the teenagers in their academics.
- Members should not lose focus of the RCCG’s vision – To make heaven. In view of this, regular fellowship (Bible Study, Prayers and Worship) should be organized to encourage spiritual awareness and growth.
- The Head of Department who is responsible for the running of the Department will report to the Minister in charge who will in turn report to the Pastor-In-Charge of the Parish.
- Members of the department shall operate with high sense of discipline and professionalism.