ACCOUNT AND AUDIT
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The department shall supervise the collection, safekeeping and counting of all offerings and donations in all the Church services and programmes.
- The department shall review and confirm the correctness of offerings counted and recorded.
- The department shall supervise and ensure that all offerings are deposited in the church’s accounts as appropriate.
- The department shall be responsible for keeping and maintaining the Church accounts books and registers.
- The group should ensure that the church book of accounts is prepared in accordance with the RCCG policies, rules and regulations.
- The group shall prepare periodical income and receipts statements and balance sheet of the church for proper monitoring and accountability.
- The department shall prepare annual budget in line with the RCCG format, framework and requirements.
- The department shall cause to institute Internal Control procedure to safeguard the church assets and properties.
- The group shall reconcile the church’s accounts records to the bank statement monthly.
- The group shall always maintain utmost confidentiality with the information at its disposal.
- Members should not lose focus of the RCCG’s vision – To make heaven. In view of this, regular fellowship (Bible Study, Prayers and Worship) should be organized to encourage spiritual awareness and growth.
- All reports should be sent directly to the Pastor-In-Charge of the Parish.
- Members of the department shall operate with high sense of discipline and professionalism.