FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ushers are responsible for receiving people to the church, courteously and warmly.
- To participate actively in all Area, Provincial and National programmes.
- They are to guide the members and guests to their seats in an orderly manner.
- Ushers should conduct their duties within and outside the church hall without distracting church services and meetings.
- They should attend to members during and after service and ensure their comfort.
- They will collect, count and record all offerings and contributions to the church.
- They should liaise with the Finance and Audit department to ensure the security and safety of all offerings and contributions.
- Ushers shall wait on the members and ministers and attend to their needs during services.
- Ushers should approach and attend to their duties and responsibilities with high sense of respect, seriousness and professionalism.
- Ushers should be neat, tidy and be professional at all times.
- Ushers should be prayerful before, during and after service.
- Regular trainings and refresher courses should be organized for the ushers.
- Members should not lose focus of RCCG vision – “To make heaven.” In view of this, regular worship (Bible Study, Prayers and Worship) should be organized to encourage spiritual awareness and growth.
- The Head of Department who is responsible for the running of the Department will report directly to the Minister in Charge who will in turn report to the Pastor-In-Charge of the Parish.